Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Who are they?

At this time, the children I have illustrated are local to the San Francisco Bay Area. They are not "stars" or particularly noted for their athletic talent; but they are dedicated participants. I have returned to their playing fields, gyms, rinks, studios, and dojo's on a weekly basis and have taken notice of their developing skills, technique, physical agility or simply sportmanship. All appear to be positively effected and Hooray for them! These experiences will serve them for a lifetime.

I paint children, because I'd love for them to see "themselves" as role models. Through their actions, they learn the responsibilities they have to their peers and siblings. And, I like to see them rewarded for their efforts. In developing strong self-esteem, they learn early on not to shy away from new experiences, to take on difficult tasks, more responsibility and how to confidently move forward to the next life challenge.

No comments: