Saturday, August 28, 2010

Jasmine Star's CreativeLive workshop


WOW...what a week. To tell the truth, I was mildly interested in what CreativeLive in Seattle had to offer with their latest workshop for photographers. However, after watching the first day, I was hooked. Jasmine Star and her husband JD have really opened my eyes to the possibilities that weddings provide.

I'm definitely NOT a wedding photographer...the idea of running full tilt (even if organized) for an entire day (or more) is more than even a lively 69 year-old would want to tackle. But, choosing just the right photo for portrait painting IS right up my alley. So, while watching the going's on for the last few days, as Jasmine was being video taped "doing her thing", I grabbed a few screen shots and made some quick attempts at painting a bride. Since these are low resolution images (off the internet) the particular style I have chosen is, of course, much more "rustic" than I would normally choose for painting a bride.

Since Jasmine and I both live in Orange County, hopefully I'll be able to contact her, and discuss whether the kinds of artwork I do might be an additional product she might offer to her brides.

Just puttin' it out there...

1 comment:

Andrea Auletta said...

Good luck on that endeavor Kobi! Beautiful painting even though from a smaller file!
Glad to see your are in the OC too!
Andrea Auletta